Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Prodigal Family



Having a broken foot stinks.  It's hard to get around; you can't stand for very long; and it's pretty much impossible to carry anything while you're on crutches.  I also blame my broken foot for my clean eating fall from grace.  I was sitting in my chair, having just finished putting the ingredients in my bread machine for a new recipe, and I realized how hard this lifestyle is in the beginning.  I also realized, how easy a blog makes this look.

You don't see the frustration my husband feels when I need him to cook and he has NO CLUE what to do with the ingredients in the pantry.  You can't hear my children bemoaning the loss of McDonalds at LEAST daily.  This transition in my life, has been in NO way easy.  

But I think it's important to share that part of this journey with you: to be realistic about what we're all going to go through.  My mama used to tell me, "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions."  Sometimes we have the best of intentions- with very important motivations- and we still get off course.  We order pizza, we allow our husbands to buy the Kraft Mac and Cheese because it's easier than fighting anymore.  But when the pizza's gone, it's time to get back on the road.  

Each meal you prepare for your family is a new opportunity to fuel them with the best of what nature has to offer them.  So, don't give up!  If you decide you want to order pizza one day, your kids go to a friend's house that doesn't cook natural, whatever it is: remember every step towards clean eating is a healthy decision.  

Good luck with your journey!  I look forward to cooking again and sharing our story!

No comments:

Post a Comment