Monday, November 18, 2013

Easy "Thai" Pasta


This recipe was invented based off my lack of Wildtree Thai sauce.  I found cabbage and carrots in my fridge and decided to get creative!  I will admit, I prefer this dish made with that thai sauce.  (See my September posts)  This one though is good in a pinch, and is made with items you most likely already have in your pantry.

Ingredients:
Approx 1 cup angel hair pasta
1/3 cup green cabbage
1 carrot sliced thin with potato peeler
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1 tsp chicken bouillon

Saute veggies in sesame oil until the cabbage softens to your preference.  I like mine a little more firm, but feel free to let it go a bit longer.  After the veggies are the right texture, add peanut butter, chicken bouillon, and a small amount of water to create a sauce.  Toss noodles with veggies and sauce.  Serve warm

And there you have it!  My kids loved it- and they won't eat cabbage at all!!  So I chalk this one up as a win!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment