Thursday, September 26, 2013

Easy Sauteed Chicken





Easiest meal born out of necessity! I forgot to eat after a long day and was about to order pizza, when I decided to stick with my clean eating plan, closed the window and walked into the kitchen. After all, I could eat sooner and healthier if I made something instead! I had a chicken breast and several veggies to work with. I chose mushrooms and squash because they are softer veggies, so they'd cook fast. It turned out to be SO good and is one of my favorite meals now! Necessity is the mother of invention!!

Ingredients:
3 oz chicken breast
1 small yellow squash
4 mushrooms washed

Put about 1 tsp grapeseed (or olive) oil in a pan over medium high heat. Chop chicken into bite size pieces and throw in the pan. I recommend letting them brown before you flip them. During that time, chop your veggies. You can use whatever you have on hand. Toss veggies into the pan with the chicken. Now is about the time to flip your chicken. I then used a vegetable boullion I got from a Wildtree rep, although I imagine you can use any clean version from the grocery store. Stir the boullion in and add 1/2 cup of water and put the lid on. This should create a large amount of steam that helps flash cook your veggies. When veggies are soft and cooked, allow to sit for 3-4 minutes with no heat or lid. The water should create a yummy veggie "gravy" for your meal. Enjoy! You can add rice or noodles, but this was plenty for me without the extra carbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment